Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Life Without Music?

Even though most of the time we don't notice or pay to much about music in our lives, but if you think about it, it's everywhere. I'm not just talking about Kelly Clarkson, Lady Gaga; there is all types of music. If you ask me, even though vocal music is what is given to us, I think instrumental and classical music are the most beautiful. Most of the mainstream music today is hyped up for a couple weeks, month or years, but how many of them do you think will last a century.

Well yes... there is Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson, but I still think nothing compares to classical music. It just never grows old. Okay fine, maybe I'm biased since I played violin for 10 years and absolutely love being in a orchestra (5 years)...and also... I can't sing. I still love hip hop and upbeat songs, but the only ones that moves me to tears and chills behind my backs are these awesome masterpieces of art of symphonies.

If you haven't really gotten into classical music, let me suggest to you a couple of my favorite pieces ( of course these include musicals, some contemporary music, and what not). These are not in any particular order nor in any particular categories.

Dvorak: New World Symphony
Schubert: Serenade
Andrew Loyd Webber: Memory (from Cats).
       btw I love him, check out some of his other ones (don't cry for me argentina, music of the night, sunset
       blvd, suitcase in the hall, and last but not least phantom of the opera!!!)
Shostakovich: First Cello Concerto
Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto #2
Listz: Hungarian Rapsody
Holst: The Planets (my fave is Jupiter, Mars, Saturn)
Borodin: Prince Igor
Ravel: Bolero
Gershwin: Porgy and Bess
Sarasate: Zigeunerweisen
Vitali: Chaccone
Massenet: Meditation (Thais)
RossiniL William Tell Overture

Uhmmm... I'm losing track. There is so many!!!! This is impossible. I give up here. Just go and listen to music. CARPE DIEM.
     Tell me your absolute favorite pieces :)

Music makes life beautiful

Love, Kansie




No comments:

Post a Comment